An incredibly rare opportunity for a passionate, copywriter and editor to join, a well-funded early stage Ed Tech start-up backed by bulge-bracket VCs and an award-winning management team. The founder is highly reputed with a blue-chip pedigree and a history of successful exits. Prototype and Phase 1 has blockbuster results, targeting an immediate $1.1+ Billion market, enabling tremendous upside for a team-spirited, askilled and imaginative writer with an eye for detail.
Location: Mumbai-Based Only. Co-location with founding team is a Must.
Experience: 6+ Yrs.
We are looking for a top-tier content writer and marketer who can make an instant impact in our organic and brand marketing team.
Qualification : Graduate/Post-Graduate in journalism / English / Mass Comm, having a creative flair and an ability to build a team of strong copywriters.
Job Responsibilities: Build/Hire Team for:
- Long-form Creative Writing: Develop strong, on-brand and engaging long-form content across a variety of channels – Blogs, community, forums, emails, web pages, etc. Nothing is out of scope.
- Rapid uptake: Quickly climb the learning curve on our curriculum, brand and tonality, and audience.
- Editors Eye: Editing the learning materials or documents (spelling, punctuation, and grammar) and create meaningful materials
- Process Ownership: Define strategy and plan, execute with minimal support. Ability to execute 100% of a plan without supervision. Need to have a get-it-done
- Beyond the written word: Ability to get stuck in and develop content in modern formats – webinars, infographics, explainer videos
The ideal candidate should have:
- Creativity: This is a given for any creative writing, but even fact-based writing needs a creative mind behind it to decide the best way to present the story to readers and to use language that engages an audience.
- Communication Skills: Effective oral and written communication skills
- Curiosity: Good writing more often than not is based on thorough research into the topic being written about. This means good writers need to have a desire to dig into topics through research to make their writing as accurate and as detailed as possible.
- Thick skin: Writing is a process that often involves multiple drafts, and early drafts typically are marked up heavily with questions and constructive criticism. Good writers need to be able to take criticism well and not get too attached to early drafts
- Flexibility with a strong sense of ownership for work
- Multi-Dimensional, "Growth Hacker" Skill Set with strong sense of ownership for work
- Aggressive “Take no prisoners” approach
- End-to-end results approach: Writing for the sake of writing isn’t going to hack it. Understanding of the entire content marketing lifecycle and making an impact on the business results.
Backed by a reputed founder and 2 of the Top 3 India VCs, this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make tremendous wealth while working on a mission for an exceptional writer.