7 - 10 Years Raipur
The Dean of the department serves as its chief academic and administrative officer and is directly responsible to the
Management for Academic Affairs in Advertising Department. The Dean has specific responsibility for planning
and development of college Advertising curriculum, policies and procedures to meet the current and long-range
needs of the faculty and student body and to fit into the total objectives of the Academia. He or she is responsible for
the interpretation and implementation of the academic regulations of the college.
Qualifications: (including but not limited to):
Seven years of full-time teaching experience in advertising at a Collage/university with some graduate teaching
Doctorate appropriate for the Academics or at least masters in advertising
Record of teaching, professional development/scholarly work, and service to warrant faculty rank of Professor
Understanding of appropriate accreditation, preferably having national review experience
Administrative experience in higher education
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Determines the activities required to achieve the goals of the college and assigns responsibility and authority to
perform these activities according to an established sequence or schedule; establishes criteria and procedures to
assure that the college and its members are fulfilling assigned responsibilities in a manner within accepted policies
of the university.
2. Provides leadership and promotes competence within the faculty of the college; creates conditions conducive to
the improvement of instruction and scholarly research; develops and utilizes a communications system to assure
intra-college information exchange; harmonizes conflicting demands, standards and overlapping of functions arising
in the administration of academic departments or divisions.
3. Coordinates programs and courses offered and makes innovations to policy and regulation in consultation with the
curriculum committees and academic departments and divisions of the college in order to maintain the currency of
the college and its ability to meet change in the needs of students and of society; institutes periodic studies of the
curriculum in relations to the college objectives stated in the plan prepared by the Standing Council for Academic
Planning; initiates programs for the improvement of the curriculum in the areas of general and advanced education
including the common curriculum of the university and the university honors program, and promotes innovative
programs of instruction and study.
4. Updates that portion of the University Bulletin pertaining to the college. Reviews and takes action upon the
admission, dismissal, and academic standing of students; certifies candidates for degrees; provides for and
participates in academic counseling and direction of students and decisions in instances of departures from the
academic norms of the college; obtains from appropriate sources within the university and keeps on file such records
as are necessary to perform the functions of the Dean's Office.
5. Acts as liaison and sponsor for student organizations in the college and/or delegates such responsibilities to
qualified faculty members.
6. Prepares and administers the budget for the college including faculty salaries, staff salaries, and all instructional
and operational expenses; coordinates and oversees operational budgets of academic departments and divisions;
negotiates salary adjustments in collaboration with SORC, and makes recommendations about salaries to the
Management for Academic Affairs.
7. Ensures the operational welfare of the college, including scheduling of classes, supervision of staff and general
office functions; interviews and selects individuals for staff position in cooperation with the university personnel
8. Coordinates cooperative programs which the college enters into with other colleges and/or departments,
educational institutions, government agencies, or private industry.
9. Represents the college in professional associations, accrediting agencies, government bodies, foundations, and
the business community; sponsors faculty participation with various local professional organizations.
Salary Range between Rs. 7,20,000/- to 8,40,000/- per annum