10 - 18 Years Bengaluru/Bangalore
A. Position Introduction
Type: Fill time, Permanent
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Looking for energetic, creative Director of Quality Assurance Engineering - to be part of a fast paced, dynamic agile product engineering squad. Our ways
of working help to reduce time to market and maximize value delivered through accelerating the product life cycle delivery and deployment at highest quality.
As a Director of Quality Assurance Engineering practice area, you would work with the product capability analysts, solutions architecture team, application
development team, data base engineering team, data science team to device a world class Quality Assurance engineering practice to enable our internal and external customers to experience high-quality value additions in our product in an iterative fashion. Industry standard Quality Assurance tools and practices shall be employed. Owning all aspect of quality is key to ensure that our product delivers intended value to the students to learn with thorough understanding. You shall feel comfortable in an ambiguous situation and bring clarity to the team. You should also have a mindset to thrive on new technical
challenges and help establish quality in all sense in our products.
You shall also have demonstrated very good experience with agile, scrum, CI/CD, DevOps, leading test strategy, test plan, automation architecture / design
reviews and system engineering / administration for any commercial off the shelf tools in quality assurance productivity, build & release management space.
B. Work Title
Director of Quality Assurance Engineering, Hands on Techno-Managerial Role
C. Position Accountability
1. Help define and lead a QA strategy across the organization with top emphasis on quality first.
2. Build and lead the QA team based on tactical and strategic needs.
3. Partner with Producers and Directors to anticipate and mitigate risks and cross-team challenges.
4. Champion QA throughout the organization – drive decisions and advise on best practices and mentorship of QA team.
5. Contribute towards building a high-quality product engineering culture as the team builds new product capabilities with modern technology.
6. Constantly identify opportunities to improve quality assurance engineering processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
7. Being a member of a Product Engineering team, deliver on the strategic quality roadmap of an enterprise grade product.
8. Analyze and be on top of business process, data, systems and lead efforts to build enterprise grade Quality Assurance engineering team.
9. Help the team to imbibe Agile values and principles effectively.
10. Spearhead modern test automation techniques and build a variety of solutions that establishes and enforces our quality benchmark.
11. Evaluate and influence selection of testing tools, automation tools & frameworks.
12. Effectively manage all the test case in our test case management software - Xray.
13. Deliver innovation in test strategy, test plan, test coverage, test reporting, and effective test case management.
14. Lead technical design and implementation of automation framework and automated test reporting capabilities.
15. Provide end-to-end oversight across Quality Assurance practice space and ensure high standards & best practices are transparently followed for achieving maximum consistency, performance and efficacy of the product.
16. Meet with various business groups (other departments and computer operations' staff) to address quality issues/concerns.
17. Collaborate with all stakeholders to define and implement actionable metrics, KPIs and data visualizations on measures of Quality.
18. Recommend improvements to enhance existing Quality Assurance practices and processes.
19. Evangelize across the team to adopt best practices, and continuously keep updated oneself on latest technologies.
20. Ensure the design proposal makes balanced tradeoff across schedule, cost, technology, security, and compliance requirements.
21. Sets best practices for Quality Assurance practice and diligently enforces them across the projects through combination of process, education,
training, and sufficient review processes.
22. Ensure quality of team members consistently meets/exceeds set standards and expectations.
23. Work with cross functional teams within engineering, usability team, product management, operations team, and customer support engineers to
design and build solutions while mentoring and coaching developers.
D. Job Description
1. Be well versed in the latest development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, and DevOps. Should understand fundamentals of iterative product
2. Accountable for full stack quality across multiple applications and technology initiatives.
3. Manage large teams with engineers, leads, and managers. Set clear and aligned goals and direction for the team.
4. Manage local and remote teams using matrix organizational structures.
5. Partner with peers in QA and Development in rolling out initiatives and best practices. Partner with product and development managers on feature
and release prioritization.
6. Analyze requirements, produce accurate, unambiguous test strategy, test plan, test coverage to the appropriate detail.
7. Spearhead holistic quality assurance system, sub-systems and develop test strategy & plan document that outlines quality assurance scope for
entire team; review get sign off from all stakeholders and set expectations.
8. Ability to handle change and be open to it along with good time management and an ability to manage business demands/expectations.
9. Facilitate technical decisions; incorporate feedback and emergent patterns; ensure technical cohesion in product architecture
10. Experience in development and performance optimization of test automation practices for mobile applications, web applications, server
components, database and web services
11. Experience developing software hosted in Azure, AWS, or other similar Cloud platforms (Strongly preferred)
12. Experience with CI/CD pipelines, open-source stacks such as Terraform/Ansible/Chef/Puppet (Strongly preferred)
13. Ability to engage in site-reliability engineering practices.
14. Collaborate with various disciplines within engineering and outside such as product management, user experience, tech support and with
customers to provide innovative quality assurance solutions
15. Guide the team to come up with flawless plan, design, develop test strategy/plan/cases, ensure integration of application components are of
highest quality. Ensure the team deploys code to production in a timely manner.
16. Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality, flawless, bug free software components and services in adherence with policies on security,
performance, longevity and integration testing.
17. Establish definition-of-ready and guide the team to adhere to DOD (story definition-of-done) as part of the sprint, integration & functional testing,
non-functional testing, automation code reviews, documentation and adhere to best coding manual testing and automation testing practices.
18. Evangelizes, develops and applies sound fundamental design, analysis on quality assurance concepts, practices, and procedures.
19. Passionate about dashboards, metrics, test automation, and product improvement. Evangelize the use of data quality metrics and best practices
to arrive at tactical and strategic direction for quality assurance practices.
20. Initiate and roll out innovations to continuously improve quality and delivery.
21. Drive root cause analysis and track defect resolution and verification to completion.
22. Prepare appropriate QA test status reports and present it to management.
23. Partner with solution architects, and product capability owners to outline the overall quality vision and standards.
24. Investigate complex strategic business issues, researching and identifying innovative quality assurance solutions.
25. Perform and ensure peer code reviews happen (for test automation framework/scripts) in order to ensure highest quality standards.
26. Master the domain knowledge in the area of assignment.
27. Take ownership of what the team builds after the release; consider customer’s perception of quality as key success indicator.
28. Participate and contribute to scrum meetings i.e., daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts and retrospectives.
29. Work collaboratively across the Technology and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
30. As a member of product engineering technical staff, you'll have the opportunity to mentor and grow other team members and establish a culture
of technical excellence, high team performance and impeccable work ethics.
31. Proactively engage in career management and development of direct reports.
E. Technical Experience
1. Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills.
2. Experience in tools development, API and UI functional, automation, security testing, and performance testing using open-source tools such as
Rest Assured, SOAPUI, Cucumber, Selenium, etc.
3. Technical proficiency and experience in development, automated testing, and troubleshooting Web Applications, Web Services API and mobile
4. Experience working with the mobile stack (iOS and Android).
5. Experience implementing CI/CD using open-source technology
6. Experience in cross-browser and cross-device test automation.
7. Good knowledge of SQL and DB concepts
8. Experience in Mobile application automation across Android and iOS.
9. Experience in Selenium/Appium
10. Knowledge of iOS tools, technologies - Xcode, TestFlight, Apple developer ecosystem, AppStore
11. Experience using Android SDK, Android Studio, Eclipse IDE, Gradle, Microsoft AppCenter
12. Knowledge on building mobile application tests using any preferred test automation framework and testing it across local and cloud based mobile
13. Passion for delivering high quality software products.
14. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects.
15. Very comfortable using GIT version control tool (we use Bitbucket)
F. Academic and Professional Expertise
1. Holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science, or equivalent industry experience.
2. 14+ years of experience (or equivalent skills) in commercial software development quality assurance practices.
3. 4+ years' minimum experience in a leadership position managing enterprise platform, product, or services teams.
4. Experience in building, shipping and operating reliable, distributed systems & software.
5. Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
6. Experience in working in Agile scrum teams.
7. Commitment to collaboration and teamwork and ability to deliver via influence.
8. Respond to technical queries / requests from team members and customers
9. Demonstrated ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels
10. Ability to work with minimal direction with a focus on customer satisfaction
11. Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
12. Creative problem-solving skills and superb communication skills.