5 - 8 Years Bengaluru/Bangalore
A. Position Introduction
Type: Fill time, Permanent
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Looking for energetic, creative hands on full stack engineers to be part of a fast paced, dynamic agile product engineering and quality solutions squad. Our ways of working help to reduce time to market and maximize value delivered through accelerating the product life cycle delivery and deployment.
As a senior full stack application engineer / architect you would work with the solutions architecture team on the product low level design and develop software ingredients to enable solutions for the platform and applications. Industry standard development tools and practices shall be employed, including unit testing, code coverage and code reviews. The solutions will be developed within the on-premise infrastructure stack and shall be able to scale to enterprise needs. You will work closely with the solutions engineering team to ensure complete coverage of test cases and automation of continuous integration and deployment. Also responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
You shall also have demonstrated very good experience with agile, scrum, CI/CD, DevOps, leading architecture / design reviews and system engineering / administration for any commercial off the shelf tools in developer productivity, build & release management space.
B. Work Title
Senior Full Stack Web Application Engineer/Architect – Sr. SDE, Hands on Technical ICE Role
C. Position Accountability
1. Contribute towards building a strong product engineering culture as the team builds new product capabilities in modern technology.
2. Being a member of a Product Engineering team, deliver on the strategic road-map of an enterprise grade product.
3. Help the team to imbibe Agile values and principles effectively.
4. Work with cross functional teams within engineering, usability team, product management, operations team, and customer support engineers to
design and build solutions while mentoring and coaching developers.
5. Evaluate the technology, design of the component/feature and mentor the juniors in the team.
6. Develop a thorough understanding of the domain and influence the architecture roadmap.
D. Job Description
1. Analyze requirements, produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail
2. Plans, designs, develops, integrates application components and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new
products. Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes.
3. Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components and services in adherence with policies on security, performance, longevity
and integration testing.
4. Drives unit test automation. Be well versed in the latest development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, DevOps and test driven development.
5. Adhere to DOD (story definition of done) as part of the sprint, including unit tests, functional testing, code reviews, no regressions, bug fixes,
documentation and adhere to best coding practices.
6. Perform peer code reviews in order to ensure quality standards
7. Should also enable solutions that take into account APIs, security, scalability, manageability, usability, and other critical factors that contribute to
8. Master the domain knowledge in the area of assignment
9. Take ownership of what the team builds after the release; consider customer adoption as success criteria
10. Volunteer for work in the backlog and commit to quality delivery; Coordinate efforts across the team to ensure completion and effectiveness
11. Participate and contribute to scrum meetings i.e. daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts and retrospectives
12. Work collaboratively across the Technology and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
13. Should understand fundamentals of iterative product development.
14. Should understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
15. As a member of technical staff you'll have the opportunity to grow as a software engineer in a culture of technical excellence, high team
performance and impeccable work ethics.
E. Technical Experience
1. Strong knowledge and experience in Object Oriented Programming, Analysis and Design concepts.
2. Excellent comprehensive experience in developing applications using design principles/patterns and architecture design patterns like MVC and
MVVM; solid knowledge and experience in SOLID design principles.
3. Multi-threaded server applications development; Java Technologies - OR - .NET Core Web API / ASP .NET Web API / C# - OR - NodeJS - OR
REST APIs and Microservices; solid experience in development and unit testing (automation) of applications on REST-ful services, Web API,
Angular, and Kendo.
5. Hands on experience of Microservices, Containerization, Docker Components and Orchestration using Kubernetes, Architecting Scalable
Commerce Workloads using Microservices
6. Strong skills in memory management and exception handling, knowledge in asynchronous programming practices.
7. Independently able to decide on strategy, design, develop and implement enterprise software applications.
8. Experience with building high-quality software based upon architectural specifications.
9. Experience in NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra)
10. Hands on experience in App Modernization and API development
11. Very comfortable using GIT version control tool (we use Bitbucket)
F. Academic and Professional Expertise
1. Holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
2. 3 to 10+ years of working experience as full stack web engineer
3. Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
4. Experience in working in Agile scrum teams.
5. Ability to handle change and be open to it along with good time management and an able to work under stress
6. Respond to technical queries / requests from team members and customers
7. Collaborate with various disciplines within engineering and outside such as product management, user experience, tech support and with
customers to provide innovative solutions
8. Facilitate technical decisions; incorporate feedback and emergent patterns; ensure technical cohesion in product architecture
9. Experience in development and performance optimization of web applications, server components, database and web services
10. Experience with concurrent programming, scale-out distributed systems and test-driven development practices.
11. Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
12. Proven experience in Migrating applications
13. Demonstrated ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels
14. Ability to work with minimal direction with a focus on customer satisfaction
15. Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
16. Creative problem-solving skills and superb communication skills.