2 - 6 Years Bengaluru/Bangalore
Roles & Responsibilities
Teaching and Learning of Learning Area of Specialisation:
● Lead the development of appropriate curriculum, resources, teaching strategies and schemes of learning.
● Explore, discuss and design the content, teaching structures and teaching pedagogy.
● Explore, discuss and design the learning approach and learning resources
● Research latest developments in the field in senior school related learning areas to propose new combinations,
● To inform the team of new educational developments (Board and state specific) and to lead the implementation
of required changes to the curriculum.
● Visit all the campuses and learning spaces to understand context specific needs and make a responsive
● Manage curriculum transitions between Middle school and Senior School as well as programmes within Senior
● Planning and curating resource book lists for Senior School as specified by the Board
● Managing updation of tech platforms for Senior School (ELC senior school team members and teachers)
Assessing and Evaluating:
● Design assessments and monitor and evaluate assessment data to identify trends in pupil performance and
issues for development.
● Develop instruments to measure learning and evidence the positive impact of introduced changes.
● Provide direction in raising the standards of student attainment & achievement within units.
● Identify student progress levels throughout the schools and ensure teaching & learning strategies and resources
are in place to consistently meet high levels.
● Support teachers in planning appropriate strategies to achieve this
● Review coordinators for updation of marks online, registration for students and other related board-specific task
related to student learning
● Conduct periodic audits in all schools for pedagogy, rigor and student learning
● Active participation in Ekya's Professional Growth Plan (PGP), through lesson observations, feedback to ELC
senior school team members, teaching staff and work sampling.
● Conducting parent workshops if required during admission/ orientation
● Orient new members of senior school ELC team on our culture, pedagogy and ethos
● Design and conduct workshops and teacher training modules for ongoing
● Participate in Board specific workshops to keep the schools and the Ekya
Learning Center members updated about upcoming changes
● Attend and identify workshops that would upskill you and your team members
● Review/Attend new candidate demos and review candidate learning plans
● Identify the training needs of senior school ELC members and senior school teachers across learning areas in
order to coordinate targeted workshops for it during the year
● Train new and existing teachers in technology platforms that facilitate learning
● Managing work flow of the senior school curriculum team and ensuring deadlines are met
● Review members work to ensure standards for each grade and learning area are met
● Supporting the ELC manager in any other daily tasks as required
● Report to ELC manager on a weekly basis with team progress and status of learning areas
Required Core Competencies include:
● Knowledge about core issues in curriculum, pedagogy, and assessments
● Keen understanding of the Indian education scenario and key issues in education
● Ability to be iterative in the face of uncertainty and difficult situations
● Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail; outstanding communication skills.
● Strong work-ethic, detail-driven, and a commitment to doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
● Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and lead by example.
● Tech savvy individual with a willingness to learn new tools and technology platforms.
● Willingness to travel extensively, across all CMR K-12 and Ekya campuses.
● A minimum of a Bachelors in subject of specialisation
● Masters or Doctorate is preferred
● Degree from top Indian institutes or global universities